Jeep Clutch Replacement Service
The rate at which the clutch wears out depends on a few factors like how much you stop and go in your Jeep in the Los Angeles area traffic, if you tow or carry heavy loads, and if you like to keep your foot on the clutch pedal while you are driving. The more you do any of these things, the faster the clutch normally wears out. When you think it’s time to get it serviced, you should head to Los Angeles Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Los Angeles, California.
Signs of Needing Jeep Clutch Replacement Service
A few signs that will alert you to the need to get your clutch serviced:
- The clutch will start to slip. This occurs when the friction material on the clutch wears away and the disc on the clutch can no longer grab onto the flywheel and pressure plate to send the power from the engine to the transmission.
- You will start to find that the clutch releases before you fully lift your foot off of the clutch pedal.
- The clutch pedal starts to make noise when you press it down.
- You hear rattling or other noises when the Jeep is neutral.
- You hear grinding sounds when shifting gears.
A quick test can also help you determine if your clutch is wearing out. Put on the emergency brake and start your jeep. Push down on the clutch pedal with one foot, shift your Jeep into second gear, and hit the gas pedal with the other foot. You want to rev the engine up to about 2500 rpm as you slowly release the clutch. If the Jeep does not stall, the clutch is going bad.
Why Choose Los Angeles Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram?
Working on the clutch takes training and experience as there are a lot of moving parts. You need to know the parts and how they interact with each other to service a clutch properly. This is why it is so important that Jeep owners in the Los Angeles, Huntington Park, and Lynwood, CA, areas should come to Los Angeles Dodge Jeep Ram to have the clutch serviced. We have CDJR certified technicians using the latest state-of-the-art equipment and genuine mopar parts to work on your Jeep while you wait in our comfortable waiting room. We also have an express service if you are too busy to wait. Call us today.
Los Angeles Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Service Center Amenities
- Kids Play Area
- Complimentary Beverage & Coffee Bar
- Complimentary Snacks
- Beautiful New Facility
- Luxurious Waiting Lounge
- Vending Machines
- Certified Mopar Technicians
- Friendly and knowledgeable Service Advisors
- Genuine OEM Mopar Parts
- Complimentary Shuttle Van
- Monthly Service Specials
- Hot Tea